After you claim your MOVR tokens, you could stake them with Forbole to gain more rewards.
Collator on Moonbeam/Moonriver
A collator with high enough tokens staked to them can join the active collator pool, and will have a chance to produce blocks. They collect transactions from users and produce state transition proofs for the relay chain to validate. Similar to validators in most Proof-of-Stake chains, tokens staked to the collator would be slashed if the collator misbehaves.
Forbole is running a collator node on Moonriver now, and will be running one on Moonbeam when it is launched. Forbole's collator address is: 0x0418656Fdf3646968489b8e6aF6C25562803c69D.
Staking, also known as Nomination
The staking process in Moonbeam/Moonriver is called "nominating a collator" or "nomination". People stake their MOVR tokens to any collators are nominators. Collators receive part of the block rewards, which they can share as staking rewards with their nominators proportionally.
Nominating Forbole on Moonriver
Moonbeam DApp + Metamask
Go to Moonbeam's DApp and connect to your Metamask wallet (similar process as claiming your crowdloan rewards).
Scroll down to the Staking section, click Manage nominations.
In the Collator dropdown menu, find Forbole's name and select. Put in the amount you'd like to stake. Then click Nominate.
Confirm the transaction on your Metamask wallet popup.
- Staking rewards will be distributed after 2 rounds, approximately 2 hours. That is to say the Bond Duration is 2 rounds.
- Minimum nomination amount is 5 MOVR.
- Each nominator can nominate up to 10 collators in the current setting on Moonriver.
- Each collator can have up to 100 nominators in the current setting on Moonriver.
- Once you have nominated at least 1 collator, you can manage your nomination in the Staking section, including increase nomination amount and leave nomination (unstake).
- Right now, only top 10 nominators of a collator will receive rewards. If you are not seeing any staking rewards, it might be because of your staked amount to this collator does not make it onto the top list. The team has mentioned that they are planning to increase the eligible number of nominators to receive rewards to 100 soon.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out! Otherwise, see you on the Moon!
To know more about Forbole: