We advocate for the use of decentralization to improve our world which is dominated by a handful of centralized powers. Blockchain is a means to an end.
Founded in October 2017 in Hong Kong, Forbole is an early-stage blockchain startup that is generating revenue. We are one of the leading validators and contributors in Cosmos, or call it the internet of blockchains. As of 23 Jun 2019, we have over US$30M of crypto assets under delegation. We have created Big Dipper, an award-winning block explorer for Cosmos ecosystem used by people from over 130 countries. We are also developing Desmos with Cosmos SDK, which is a chain to serve as a regional hub in Southeast Asia and South China with a specific focus on decentralized community applications.
Our goal is to build a decentralized and international team who are true believers in decentralization and token economy. Currently we are building our early core team in Hong Kong and Taipei. We work in an agile and lean startup style. Fail mindfully and fast, then move on.
Being part of our engineering team:
You will collaborate with top-class blockchain people in ecosystems such as Cosmos, Polkadot and Solana. You will use tools and languages such as Cosmos SDK, Tendermint Core, Substrate, Go, Rust. You will co-build Desmos.
Role: Core Developer (Blockchain)
- You will be responsible for the development of Desmos and its first DApp
- Write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Translate software requirements into stable, working, high performance software
- Play a key role in architectural and design decisions in conjunction with the co-founder
- Be an indispensable part of building our engineering culture
- At least 4 years solid experiences in software engineering
- Good knowledge in Linux
- Good knowledge in network infrastructure and cyber security
- Experience in Bitcoin, Ethereum, Hyperledger or other blockchain related open-source projects
- Demonstrate the ability and desire to become proficient in new languages
- Solid engineering practices such as testing methodology and documentation
- Proficiency in computer science fundamentals
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- The ability to take ownership and see initiatives through
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Below experience/skills will be a plus:
- Cosmos SDK and Tendermint Core
- Core infrastructure software and/or distributed systems
- Fault tolerant consensus protocols
- Open source experience
- A golden opportunity to co-build a rising startup in a rising industry that have the ambition to change the status quo of the centralized internet
- Remote working
- Salary + equity + token
- Believer in blockchain, decentralization and crypto
- Founder’s mindset
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].